BoardingMay 11, 2021 2022-06-29 22:55
To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. That is the dictum that guides all of us at school and even more so in our boarding. It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us family. Under the watchful and dedicated guidance of Ms.Rema Menon and Mr.Dennies Raju our wardens, our boarders study, play and enjoy outings together. Our hostel makes every effort to replicate the lifestyle of a caring concerned family.
Hostel Residence Area
The hostel has one wing each for girls and boys separately. Each wing has dormitories where each child is provided with a bed, cot with storage and a cupboard.
The hostel also provides study areas and recreation areas. Laundry is taken care of on a daily basis. Regular Outings are planned for the hostel students apart from the Super Saturday and Special Sunday mealtimes
General Hostel Rules
- A Student must use only the space as allotted in the respective dormitory.
- Each student is to be responsible for his/her belongings. Valuables and Money should not be brought and stored in the Hostel. Hostel administration will not be responsible for any loss/damage to student's belongings.
- Any damage to Hostel property will have to be compensated by the student responsible for the same.
- Each student is expected to be dressed appropriately suitable for school at all times.
- All students are expected to keep their surroundings neat and clean.
- Full Boarders check out at the end of each Term. Week Boarders at the Hostel check out on Fridays and check in on Monday Mornings. Expensive accessories and gold jewellery not permitted. Girls however may wear a pair of ear studs.
- Mess times are to be followed as per the Hostel schedule.
- Special food can be arranged on Warden's request for a student who is unwell.
- Wastage of food must be avoided at all times.
- Full boarders may bring in Tuck but it is not to be taken to the dormitories.
- Each student to provide a Single Emergency mobile number and an Email id for all hostel and school communication. SMSes and Emails will be sent ONLY to these contact details.
- Phone calls will be available only to Full Boarders thrice a week & emails once.
- Mobiles and any other communication gadgets are disallowed on the Hostel premises. Any device found will be confiscated and not returned to the student.
- Students who are unwell are to avail of the treatment offered by the School Paediatrician.
- In case of Medical emergencies, the Warden will decide on hospitalisation if required. The warden will keep parents informed about such situations at all times. In case hospitalisation becomes necessary, parents must take over.
- Expenses for any medical treatment will need to be reimbursed by the Parent.
- In case of communicable/contagious diseases, the Parent/Guardian will need to take the student back home, if advised so by the Warden.
- The student is expected to follow the daily routine as laid down by the Warden.
- Each student is expected to complete his/her work during the allotted study time without causing disturbance to anyone else.
- A Hostel Student can leave the premises at school/at functions only with an EXEAT Slip signed by the Warden.
- Full Boarders will not be allowed to leave the Hostel on weekends.
- Week Boarders to check in latest by 6:30 am on Mondays.
- Week Boarders with valid EXEAT slips can avail of the School Transport for coming to / going from school after paying the applicable transport fee.
- Visitors are not allowed during school hours.
- Visitors are not allowed to enter the Hostel premises without the Warden's consent.
- Visiting time on Weekends is between 4 pm and 6.30 pm and 5 pm and 6 pm on week days.
- Boarders will not be sent out with other students in response to ad-hoc requests